The Ambulance Service of NSW is a progressive Ambulance Service with an advanced medical team developing the future protocols and guidelines for paramedics to utilise. The following are some bennefits of being a paramedic in NSW:
Benefits of NSW Ambulance Service
1. Good training – with progressively widening paramedic practices.
2. Large Ambulance Service (one of the largest in the world in both numbers of paramedics and geographical coverage)
3. Good equipment and reseach. The Ambulance Service of NSW has an Ambulance Research Institute which is continuously improving the scope of practice for paramedics and the efficacy of their medical interventions.
4. Good working conditions and financial incentives, including shift penalties.
5. Normal benefits associated with any government job in Australia, such as job reliability, worker’s compensation, OH&S obligations, sick leave, maternity /paternity leave, etc.
Overall – a good Ambulance Service to work for as a paramedic.
This website acknoweledges that it does not have any affiliation with the Ambulance Service of NSW, but is representing some of the benefits of becoming a paramedic in NSW for prospective paramedics.
To learn more about how to become a paramedic in NSW, please visit my How to Become a Paramedic in NSW page.